Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sleep over.....

UPDATE: Jared came home at 2am. He wasn't even the one I was worried about staying all night. It's 9am now Sunday and I haven't heard from Jacob...anyone that knows how the last couple of months were in Marlow knows this was a big deal...and he did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and it's not at my house for once. In about May, while we were still living in Marlow, Jacob started getting to were he would not stay the night at any one's house....not even Nana and Papa's. He has had a couple of sleep overs here in Luanda at our house and Adam invited him to stay at his house tonight. On the way home from church tonight Jacob was trying to decide if he would stay the night with him or not. I told him he used to stay every where and once he did it once he would see that it is not a big deal and he will be able to do it all the time then....plus I told him I would let him buy a toy in London if he could make it all night. :-) He finally said he would do it and he said he really needed to do this to over come his fear. He also asked Kenny and I if we would say a little prayer for him tonight that he could make it all night. :-) He is strong and independent so I know he can do it. Sometime he is afraid of something and I make him do it and then he says that it was easy and not scary and I hope this situation ends in the same way. Jared is with him also so I think that will help a little.

On another note....we took the Horton's to church tonight in town and then took them to dinner at the Chinese restaurant. They have 3 kids Molly, Max and Miles and they are from California but prior to moving here 2 weeks ago they were living in Alaska for 3 years. They loved it in Alaska and they are adjusting to be in Luanda. Tonight was the first time that we have had all of the kids together and they had a blast at dinner tonight...probably a little to much. Usually, Katie and I do things during the week but the husbands and kids haven't done much together until tonight. Tomorrow I think we are going to meet in the afternoon and let the kids play some baseball together. They actually brought a pitching machine and batting cage with them in their shipment. I told Adam that he would probably be seeing a lot of my boys and husband now. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment