Thursday, November 3, 2011

PTA/Coentro

This morning I went to the PTA meeting and then a group of ladies were going to a Chinese farm that is only about 15 mins away so I decided to join them. We went in and started sacking up the veggies that we wanted, I was only getting Coentro (Cilantro). I like to freeze it so when I can not find any in the grocery stores I have some. So I got a little bit and had the guy weigh it and it only came to $3.00 so I decided I would get more. After I filled my sack up and went to get it weighed again the guy kept saying no, no. Once all the other ladies were ready he wouldn't weigh any of ours and this lady started yelling in Chinese and our drivers found someone that spoke Portuguese too and the lady told them this place was only for their workers and they do not sell to others anymore. I am not sure if they got in trouble or what. We were leaving without the veggies and the lady told us to take it with us. We insisted that we pay but they wouldn't take the money and made us take what we had sacked up. When I brought it home for Fatima to wash she took out some small plants that still had the roots and told the gardener to plant them.



Here is my little garden...not huge but lots of lettuce and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment