Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fluffy Bug

Jared's best friend here in Luanda is Hana. She turns 5 years old in December and she is from Egypt. Her dad works for the same company as Kenny and they have another daughter that is 11 years old and a son that is Jacob's age, 8 years old. I could also say that the son, Adam, is Jacob's best friend. They live about 3 blocks from us and every weekend someone is spending the night with the other one. They all get along really well and are all a very good group of kids. The Amer kids are very well mannered and the parents are very nice as well. We knew this family but never really talked until Jacob's birthday party in October and then we found out they were going to cape town the same time we were. Since that trip I can say we have all became really good friends. We get together and play pictionary often and have a blast. We call Wael Lulu the cheater because he always ends up cheating some how or another during the game. There is a small language barrier between us and I think that is why it is so much fun to play with them. Shimo says she studied English for 6 years and my accent makes everything she learned not true. :-) I always tell her I do not have an accent but she disagrees. :-) Wael says he is going to get the Arabic version of the game since we have the advantage of it being in English. These nights are times I will remember when we leave Luanda. I told them in January, after break, we will have to get some more couples and teach them how to play Nertz like we play with friends in the US. So back to the reason I am writing this post....Jared aka Fluffy Bug and Hana. Last week, like many weeks, Jared road the bus home with Hana to play after school. When he came home he had his face painted. I got an email tonight from Hana's mom with some pictures of their play date. Looks like they had fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment